To reduce the risk of identity theft, MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute will be eliminating the use of the Social Security Number (SSN) as a student identification number in its data systems. We have been working toward this goal and are now ready with alternative ways to insure accurate transcripts and student records.
Effective January 1, 2017, MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute will no longer maintain access to individual Social Security Numbers.
Our systems will be purged of any existing SSNs and will rely on existing and future use of unique identifiers provided by our students. We highly recommend that our students use one of the following forms of identification when enrolling for classes at MU FRTI.
- FEMA SID (recommended); or,
- Driver License Number (DSN).
A FEMA SID is required for all students who attend:
- NFA or EMI classes at the National Emergency Training Center (NETC);
- EMI courses at the Noble Training Facility (NTF); and,
- Courses delivered through the NFA or EMI off-campus programs.
Many of our students already have an SID through FEMA. If you do not, we recommend that you obtain one since many courses we offer are through one of the FEMA partner agencies and will require a SID.
Information on FEMA SID
How do I obtain a FEMA Student Identification (SID) number?
- Step 1: To register, go to https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid
- Step 2: Select “Register for a FEMA SID?” from the choices listed.
- Step 3: Follow the instructions and provide the information listed to create your account.
- Step 4: You will receive an email with your SID number. You should save this number in a secure location.
What if I forget my SID?
- If you have internet access, you can go to https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid and select “Forgot your FEMA SID?” You will be asked to provide the email you used when registering and you will receive an email at that account with assistance.
- Call the FEMA SID Help Desk at 866-291-0696 | 7:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. CST
- Email: email@example.com