Below is a list of questions MU FRTI gets regularly, please select the question below to see our response. Or please feel free to contact us.
Download and complete the form linked below and fax or mail it to MU FRTI.
Any course may be requested and hosted by individual fire departments or groups of fire departments for delivery anywhere in Missouri at any time of the year. Requests can be made by contacting your Regional Training Coordinator from your specific region or the MU FRTI office at 800-869-3476
When requesting a course from MU FRTI, please follow these guidelines:
- All courses must be delivered by a MU FRTI qualified instructor.
- The course must be requested and approved no less than 30 days from the start of class.
- If requesting a course to be delivered regionally or statewide, please give 90 days notice. This time is needed for logistical arrangements, course advertising, and participant preregistration.
- Submit this completed form below to MU FRTI.
We are always looking for qualified and enthusiastic instructors. Please give us a call at 800-869-3476, or use our contact form to email us.
Individuals engaged in teaching courses on behalf of the University of Missouri Fire and Rescue Training Institute (MU FRTI) will need to meet the specified criteria outlined in the linked document.
To reduce the risk of identity theft, MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute has eliminating the use of the Social Security Number (SSN) as a student identification number in its data systems. We have been working toward this goal and are now ready with alternative ways to insure accurate transcripts and student records.
Effective January 1, 2017, MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute no longer maintains access to individual Social Security Numbers.
Our systems were purged of any existing SSNs and we will rely on existing and future use of unique identifiers provided by our students. We highly recommend that our students use one of the following forms of identification when enrolling for classes at MU FRTI.
- FEMA SID (recommended)
- Driver License Number (DSN)
- If you have internet access, you can go to https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid and select “Forgot your FEMA SID?” You will be asked to provide the email you used when registering and you will receive an email at that account with assistance.
- Call the FEMA SID Help Desk at 866-291-0696 | 7:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. CST
- Email: email@example.com
Are You Interested in Becoming an EMT or Paramedic?
The registered course program provides an opportunity for state certified instructors to teach the MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute courses within their organization.