Kansas City Fire Department
Pacific Fire Department
Columbia Fire Department
Rock Community Fire Protection District
• Technical Rescuer: Core (proof of DFS certificate required)
• 32 Hours
This course is a combination delivery of Rope Rescue: Level I, and Rope Rescue: Level II. It is designed for individuals who are new to technical rescue or are preparing to sit for the State of Missouri Technical Rescuer Certification exam. Technical rescues that involve differences of elevation may require the use ropes to access and evacuate victims. Special skills and equipment are required for these types of incidents. Topics include: lowering operations, multi-point anchor systems, compound rope mechanical advantage systems, fixed rope systems, ascending and descending techniques, victim management, litter tending, high-line operations and performing advanced operations in a high angle environment. This course will address Chapter 6, Sections 6.1, Sections 6.2, Rope Rescue, of NFPA 1006, Rescue Technician Professional Qualifications, 2013 edition.
- This is a blended learning delivery course. See Blended Learning Requirements
- Participants are recommended to register by April 15. No students will be allowed to register after April 24.
- Participants will be required to complete the self-paced online instructional modules before May 24.
- At Summer Fire School, participants will attend the in-person skills practical followed by state skills evaluations.
- This class requires a computer, and internet access. Participants should bring an internet capable laptop to class.
- Participants shall provide NFPA 1951 compliant garments, helmet, gloves, eye protection and footwear.
- This course requires significant physical exertion and stamina. See Health Warning