Hannibal Fire Department
Republic Fire Department
Lynn Morgan is a Captain with Republic Fire Department and the Training Officer for the Greene County Regional Training Association. Captain Morgan has 30 years experience as a volunteer and career firefighter, which includes ranks at all levels. Captain Morgan is a Adjunct Instructor for MUFRTI. He currently is a certified EMT, Fire Service Instructor 2, Fire Officer 2, Fire Investigator, Fire Inspector, Evaluator, amongst many other fire service certifications. Captain Morgan also is a certified Drager Instructor for their burn facilities.
• Fire Fighter I
• Fire Fighter II
• DFS: Instructor 12
Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
• 16 Hours
This course addresses NFPA 1403, Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions, Chapters 4, 6-9, 2012 edition competencies for the fire service instructor. It focuses on safely preparing for live burns, using gas-fired and non-gas-fired permanent structural props, and working with exterior live fire props. Participants will cover incident reports of actual live fire training accidents, current live fire training legal requirements, and direction on how to be compliant with industry standards.
- This is a blended learning delivery course. See Blended Learning Requirements
- Participants are recommended to register by April 15. No students will be allowed to register after April 24.
- Participants will be required to complete the self-paced online instructional modules before May 24.
- At Summer Fire School, participants will attend the in-person skills practical followed by state skills evaluations.
- This class requires a computer, and internet access. Participants should bring an internet capable laptop to class.
- Full PPE, SCBA and a spare, full air cylinder is required. Please bring gear with you the first day of class. All air cylinders must be within hydrostatic date or will not be refilled. Please ensure that you bring one spare cylinder and that all equipment is sufficiently marked for ownership. See SCBA and PPE Requirements
- This course requires significant physical exertion and stamina. See Health Warning