- Basic Fire Fighter Skills
- or Firefighter I certification
- Equivalent programs will be considered with documentation of completion
This course will explain, demonstrate, and provide hands-on skills training in fire ground operations necessary in interior structural fire attack. Topics include ICS, size-up, search and rescue, ventilation, forcible entry and hose stream management. This course will be taught in a lecture/practical format, including “live” fire training evolutions.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The following gear is required to participate: helmet, bunker coat, bunker pants with boots, and gloves that met the NFPA standard 1971 at the time of purchase.
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA): Participants attending should bring their own pressure-demand type self-contained breathing apparatus and one spare cylinder. All air cylinders must be within hydrostatic date or will not be refilled and should be marked with departmental identification. Breathing apparatus must meet NFPA standard 1981. In addition participants must provide a Nomex or PBI protective hood. Individuals with beards, sideburns or other hair styles that interfere with the proper seal of a breathing apparatus face piece will not be allowed to participate in classes requiring SCBA use.
Note: Protective hoods over beards are not approved.