- Fire Service Instructor I
- Fire Fighter I
- Fire Fighter II
- Structural fire experience may be substituted in lieu of Fire Fighter I and II
- DFS 12-Instructor
Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
This course addresses NFPA 1403, Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions, Chapters 4, 6-9, 2012 edition competencies for the fire service instructor. It focuses on safely preparing for live burns, using gas-fired and non-gas-fired permanent structural props, and working with exterior live fire props. Participants will cover incident reports of actual live fire training accidents, current live fire training legal requirements, and direction on how to be compliant with industry standards.
Currently Available for Enrollment
- Full PPE, SCBA and a spare, full air cylinder is required. Please bring gear with you the first day of class. All air cylinders must be within hydrostatic date or will not be refilled. Please ensure that you bring one spare cylinder and that all equipment is sufficiently marked for ownership.
- This course requires significant physical exertion and stamina.
- Participants will meet in-person with their laptop for the first day of class and to receive their log-in credentials.
- The remainder of the class will be instructor-led through an online portal during the seven weeks that follow.
- This course requires a computer, and reliable Internet access.