- 16 hours Technical
- 8 hours Interpersonal
- 16 hours Skill
Missouri Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)
- In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in fire science, fire service, fire administration, emergency management, emergency services management, or criminal justice (7/14).
American Council on Education (ACE)
This course addresses NFPA 1041, Standard for Fire Instructor Professional Qualifications, Chapter 5, 2012 edition competencies at the fire service instructor II level. At the conclusion of this class students should be able to develop individual lesson plans for a specific topic including learning objectives, instructional aids and evaluation instruments, ability to schedule training sessions based on the overall training plan of their organization and how to supervise and coordinate the activities of other instructors. Students will be required to complete a class project within the scheduled progression of this course.
- Participants will meet in-person for the first day of class and to receive login instructions.
- The remainder of the class will be instructor-led through an online portal over twelve weeks.
- This course requires a computer with Internet access.
- Students should bring an Internet-capable laptop to class.