- DFS 4-Inspector
- DFS 12-Instructor
- DFS 4-Investigator
Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
- In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in fire service, fire science, emergency management, or emergency medical services (7/14).
American Council on Education (ACE)
This course is designed to provide individuals with the ability to perform as an entry-level supervisor in a fire service organization. Following the requirements of NFPA 1021, Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, Chapter 4, 2014 edition, this course examines the fire officer level I role in human resources management, community and government relations, inspection and investigation, emergency services delivery, and health and safety.
- Participants will meet in-person for the first day of class and to receive login instructions.
- The remainder of the class will be instructor-led through an online portal over seven weeks.
- This course requires a computer with Internet access.
- Students should bring an Internet-capable laptop to class.