- Basic Fire Fighter Skills, or Firefighter I certification.
- Equivalent programs will be considered with documentation of completion.
- 1 1/2” hose
- Site for mobile training prop
- Staff for ICS functions
- 7 hrs Technical
- 5 hrs Skill
Missouri Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)
LP gas is a potential hazard present in most communities and a complete understanding of its hazards is necessary to safely and efficiently handle such an incident. This class will present an overview of LP gas properties and characteristics, as well as provide the opportunity participate in an actual fire attack on an LP tank fire. Topics will include common storage containers in residential and commercial use, and the components of different types of transport vehicles.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The following gear is required to participate: helmet, bunker coat, bunker pants with boots, and gloves that met the NFPA standard 1971 at the time of purchase.
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA): Participants attending should bring their own pressure-demand type self-contained breathing apparatus and one spare cylinder. All air cylinders must be within hydrostatic date or will not be refilled and should be marked with departmental identification. Breathing apparatus must meet NFPA standard 1981. In addition participants must provide a Nomex or PBI protective hood. Individuals with beards, sideburns or other hair styles that interfere with the proper seal of a breathing apparatus face piece will not be allowed to participate in classes requiring SCBA use.
Note: Protective hoods over beards are not approved.