- Participants are required to be licensed and insured to operate motor vehicles
- 2 Pumpers
- Paved Driving Area 300' x 300'
- 100 Traffic Cones (approximately)
This course is designed for individuals who are new to the position of driver/operator, anticipate future promotion to that position or are preparing to sit for the State of Missouri driver/operator certification exam. In this class, students will discuss duties and responsibilities of the driver/operator, apparatus maintenance, apparatus operation and positioning. Participants will operate fire apparatus in various situations and have an opportunity to complete their certification skill sheets. The requirements for this course are based on the Standard for Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications, NFPA 1002, Chapter 4; 2014 Edition.
- NFPA 1971 compliant firefighting ensemble, including turnout pants, coat, boots, helmet, gloves, and eye protection
- The following skills will need to be completed by the start of class.
- 4.2.1 Perform routine tests, inspections, and servicing functions on the systems and components – Skills Sheet #1
- 4.3.1 Operate a fire department vehicle – Skills Sheet #2
- 4.3.6 Operate a vehicle using defensive driving techniques – Skills Sheet #9
- For a list of evaluators in your area please contact Missouri Division of Fire Safety.
- Participants are required to be licensed and insured to operate motor vehicles.